How to Stick with Masters Swimming - Addressing Monotony

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Fellow Swimmers, About two months ago I joined my local Masters swim team. I found it challenging and rewarding. However, recently I have been finding it difficult to attend sessions because of the tediousness and repetition involved. My yardage increased dramatically in the first 4 to 6 weeks of practice. I went from swimming less that 500 yards about twice a week for a couple of months to swimming just over 3600 yards per practice. I'd be interested in hearing any advice on how to stick with swimming for the long term. Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thank you Elaine. This is good to know. I'll try to determine the best path for myself moving forward. That's interesting Airborne. It's funny because I've been swimming for quite awhile but ever since I learned the role that technique plays in swimming I have always been open to doing drills and making any changes that were necessary. I guess it takes a certain mindset. Thanks SwimSpire. That's what I actually do - find a coach to learn from one-on-one. It is very well worth it in the end.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thank you Elaine. This is good to know. I'll try to determine the best path for myself moving forward. That's interesting Airborne. It's funny because I've been swimming for quite awhile but ever since I learned the role that technique plays in swimming I have always been open to doing drills and making any changes that were necessary. I guess it takes a certain mindset. Thanks SwimSpire. That's what I actually do - find a coach to learn from one-on-one. It is very well worth it in the end.
Children
No Data