Swim/Sports Watch

Any recommendations as to the best watch for swimming? I am an independent swimmer who does about 3-4 meets a year. My main goal is better conditioning and fitness. I am an Apple guy...Iphone 7 and MacBook Air. Doesn't mean I need to buy Apple, but something that will sync up well with my devices. A fellow swimmer recommended the Garmin 735xt, but she is more of a triathlete who, of course, has to swim. I am 'just' a swimmer. I'm willing to pay $500-ish, tops, although less would be better, of course.
Parents
  • I use the Garmin 920XT. It is also a triathlon watch, but is a lot cheaper than the 735 since it isn't the newest model. Mine has survived 2 years so far and still works fine, although it is turning yellow. I've used the GPS function for open water and the accelerometer in the pool.
  • I use the Garmin 920XT. It is also a triathlon watch, but is a lot cheaper than the 735 since it isn't the newest model. Mine has survived 2 years so far and still works fine, although it is turning yellow. I've used the GPS function for open water and the accelerometer in the pool.
Children
No Data