Swim/Sports Watch

Any recommendations as to the best watch for swimming? I am an independent swimmer who does about 3-4 meets a year. My main goal is better conditioning and fitness. I am an Apple guy...Iphone 7 and MacBook Air. Doesn't mean I need to buy Apple, but something that will sync up well with my devices. A fellow swimmer recommended the Garmin 735xt, but she is more of a triathlete who, of course, has to swim. I am 'just' a swimmer. I'm willing to pay $500-ish, tops, although less would be better, of course.
Parents
  • Thanks for bringing up Firebelly, Glenn! As Glenn mentioned, I invented the Firebelly device. It's a little different than the swim watches in that it gives you real-time feedback on your times using bone conduction audio. You can get feedback while you swim without trying to look at a tiny screen or "pace clock peep" during your turns. It's generally very accurate and can read out times to the tenths. As mentioned in the referenced thread, there are a number of swim tracking options (Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.) that are good for tracking yardage, time spent, etc. I consider Firebelly more for performance monitoring and feedback, which can help you with pacing, stroke technique & efficiency, and even motivation :) Feel free to reach out here or DM me with any questions. -- Matt
  • Thanks for bringing up Firebelly, Glenn! As Glenn mentioned, I invented the Firebelly device. It's a little different than the swim watches in that it gives you real-time feedback on your times using bone conduction audio. You can get feedback while you swim without trying to look at a tiny screen or "pace clock peep" during your turns. It's generally very accurate and can read out times to the tenths. As mentioned in the referenced thread, there are a number of swim tracking options (Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.) that are good for tracking yardage, time spent, etc. I consider Firebelly more for performance monitoring and feedback, which can help you with pacing, stroke technique & efficiency, and even motivation :) Feel free to reach out here or DM me with any questions. -- Matt
Children
No Data