Swim/Sports Watch

Any recommendations as to the best watch for swimming? I am an independent swimmer who does about 3-4 meets a year. My main goal is better conditioning and fitness. I am an Apple guy...Iphone 7 and MacBook Air. Doesn't mean I need to buy Apple, but something that will sync up well with my devices. A fellow swimmer recommended the Garmin 735xt, but she is more of a triathlete who, of course, has to swim. I am 'just' a swimmer. I'm willing to pay $500-ish, tops, although less would be better, of course.
Parents
  • I posted in a similar thread some time ago: forums.usms.org/showthread.php I've had my Apple Watch (2nd generation) for about 1-1/2 year and continue to enjoy it. When the 3rd generation was released last year, Apple released some firmware updates for earlier watches (such as auto sets) that have really helped. In the past I've used Garmin Forerunners for running and cycling. Toward the end I constantly ran into issues with the HR monitor synching, and with the device logging accurate distances. I had purchased a version that could be used for swimming-biking-running, but I was so frustrated after using it a few times that I returned it. Along with the fitness aspects of the Apple Watch, it also does many other things. At first I didn't think I needed them, but after getting used to sending/receiving texts, having directions (with the watch buzzing when there's a change), checking weather, controlling the phone's camera, and checking news headlines, I like the whole product of the Apple Watch.
  • I posted in a similar thread some time ago: forums.usms.org/showthread.php I've had my Apple Watch (2nd generation) for about 1-1/2 year and continue to enjoy it. When the 3rd generation was released last year, Apple released some firmware updates for earlier watches (such as auto sets) that have really helped. In the past I've used Garmin Forerunners for running and cycling. Toward the end I constantly ran into issues with the HR monitor synching, and with the device logging accurate distances. I had purchased a version that could be used for swimming-biking-running, but I was so frustrated after using it a few times that I returned it. Along with the fitness aspects of the Apple Watch, it also does many other things. At first I didn't think I needed them, but after getting used to sending/receiving texts, having directions (with the watch buzzing when there's a change), checking weather, controlling the phone's camera, and checking news headlines, I like the whole product of the Apple Watch.
Children
No Data