Odd swim event

Here's a swim I bet you would all hate. I did. It was in a sprint triathlon, a 350y swim indoors because upstate NY lakes are still far too cold. In an 8 lane, 25Y pool you jump into lane 1, no diving, go up to the end and on the turn you go off at an angle to go under the ropes. Up and down each lane and at the far end go under the ropes. In lane 8 climb out and run out the back door to your bike transition. I simply couldn't put any power into the turns and going under the ropes disrupted the synchronicity of my stroke, like the first two had no power. Anybody ever done anything like this?
Parents
  • OK...I've now just found something stranger. I'm watching late night WTS triathlon in Bermuda on the Olympic channel. The 1.5k open water swim is two laps. But at the end of the first lap, they make the competitors get out of the water, run a short distance, and dive back in to complete the second lap. WHAT? Let them stay in the water, swim around a buoy, and continue the second lap. Making them get out of the water is crazy. Dan
  • OK...I've now just found something stranger. I'm watching late night WTS triathlon in Bermuda on the Olympic channel. The 1.5k open water swim is two laps. But at the end of the first lap, they make the competitors get out of the water, run a short distance, and dive back in to complete the second lap. WHAT? Let them stay in the water, swim around a buoy, and continue the second lap. Making them get out of the water is crazy. Dan
Children
No Data