Thinking of wearing a wetsuit for a 5.5 mile race.

I have a July race 5.5 miles. Temperature will not be an issue, I just want the wetsuit for speed. Anyone ever go that long in a suit? I’m a little nervous about doing it.
Parents
  • Was so happy with my swim! Sorry to miss you, rtodd. We'll both have to come back next year! :) After all the reports about the cross current in mile 1, thanks to the organizers, it went much more smoothly than I expected. After that, it was pretty much a straight shot. Water was very calm--a little bumpy in the last mile, but not nearly the roller coaster ride of last year. My time was 3:38:15, not my fastest, but a good bit faster than last year and comfortably under the 4 hr cut-off. (Last year, I went over 4, but they cut us more slack b/c of conditions.) I was well behind rtodd, but just kept swimming and crossed the finish line! YES! Overall, love this swim. Lately, I've been making it an annual event. 7th time participating, 6th finish.
  • Was so happy with my swim! Sorry to miss you, rtodd. We'll both have to come back next year! :) After all the reports about the cross current in mile 1, thanks to the organizers, it went much more smoothly than I expected. After that, it was pretty much a straight shot. Water was very calm--a little bumpy in the last mile, but not nearly the roller coaster ride of last year. My time was 3:38:15, not my fastest, but a good bit faster than last year and comfortably under the 4 hr cut-off. (Last year, I went over 4, but they cut us more slack b/c of conditions.) I was well behind rtodd, but just kept swimming and crossed the finish line! YES! Overall, love this swim. Lately, I've been making it an annual event. 7th time participating, 6th finish.
Children
No Data