Thinking of wearing a wetsuit for a 5.5 mile race.

I have a July race 5.5 miles. Temperature will not be an issue, I just want the wetsuit for speed. Anyone ever go that long in a suit? I’m a little nervous about doing it.
Parents
  • I am wearing a wetsuit! I forgot to find you at the meeting”finding my inner fish”! Wasn't able to make the meeting, though did listen to the audio, so have a pretty good feel for what's going down tomorrow. Going to NY today, so hope to see you tomorrow before and/or after the swim (betting you'll be a good bit in front of me during, as I'm not fast). Had all kinds of last minute snafus--my original kayaker was injured so had to bow out--then a friend offered to kayak, but we needed a boat. Thanks to my cousin's amazing efforts, we have a boat--and I have a kayaker! Wow! So I'm no. 79. You can find me that way on the start list. Here's a pic of me getting the "endurance award"--they give that to the last male and last female. I was happy to get it b/c last year's conditions were so tough, I was pleased just to finish! photos.google.com/.../AF1QipOumux9WLleGIrHa0l4bvSRql9yCaWOMAx8IcQg
  • I am wearing a wetsuit! I forgot to find you at the meeting”finding my inner fish”! Wasn't able to make the meeting, though did listen to the audio, so have a pretty good feel for what's going down tomorrow. Going to NY today, so hope to see you tomorrow before and/or after the swim (betting you'll be a good bit in front of me during, as I'm not fast). Had all kinds of last minute snafus--my original kayaker was injured so had to bow out--then a friend offered to kayak, but we needed a boat. Thanks to my cousin's amazing efforts, we have a boat--and I have a kayaker! Wow! So I'm no. 79. You can find me that way on the start list. Here's a pic of me getting the "endurance award"--they give that to the last male and last female. I was happy to get it b/c last year's conditions were so tough, I was pleased just to finish! photos.google.com/.../AF1QipOumux9WLleGIrHa0l4bvSRql9yCaWOMAx8IcQg
Children
No Data