Wetsuit company with excellent suits and customer service?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm in the process of buying my 1st tri suit. I've given up on Xterra. Too many reasons to mention but a big one was when I was unable to leave a message on their sales line because the mailbox was "full". Could someone recommend a brand that makes great quality wetsuits and also has good customer service?
Parents
  • OW season is beginning and lots of current and new triathletes are looing for wet suits - it may take some work and getting in line until the rush dies down. I've had a lot of success with Xterra over the years, but I know others who love and swear by Blue-Seventy wet suits and Zoot. TYR wetsuits are very popular too. I have no idea about customer service. There's also ROKA, Orca, Aqua Sphere, Speedo, Arena, Zone 3, and DeSoto wetsuits too. Fit is critical, so if you are ordering it over the web, be very careful trying it on with finger nails and or sharp edges in case you need to send it back. Not fitting on the first try is pretty common. Putting it on and taking it off isn't easy and you may want to have some help - there are YouTube videos. Wetsuit models that only come down to your calf (not over your ankles) are easier to get on and off (over your feet) and that's helpful for racing. Sleeveless suits are great for added buoyancy and reduced drag and they don't restrict your arms as much as a full suit, but they aren't quite as warm and sleevless wetsuits may create more drag than a full suit. There are plenty of tri-wetsuit reviews around so read a bit before you buy, and since this is your first don't go over the top price wise - that can come later if/when you want to upgrade or try other styles. Prices are seasonal and generally better in the fall or mid to late summer, but you should be able to find something in the $200-$300 area or maybe less that will work as a trial. Make sure you get one made for tri or OW swimming and not a wetsuit made for surfing or diving. They are totally different. Once you decide the suit fits and is a keeper, use body glide on your neck at the top of the suit and if needed between your legs and under your arms where it can chafe your skin when you get ready to go for a swim. Try to get someone to check the zipper and Velcro tabs in the back to be sure they aren't against your skin. Good luck and happy wetsuit hunting
  • OW season is beginning and lots of current and new triathletes are looing for wet suits - it may take some work and getting in line until the rush dies down. I've had a lot of success with Xterra over the years, but I know others who love and swear by Blue-Seventy wet suits and Zoot. TYR wetsuits are very popular too. I have no idea about customer service. There's also ROKA, Orca, Aqua Sphere, Speedo, Arena, Zone 3, and DeSoto wetsuits too. Fit is critical, so if you are ordering it over the web, be very careful trying it on with finger nails and or sharp edges in case you need to send it back. Not fitting on the first try is pretty common. Putting it on and taking it off isn't easy and you may want to have some help - there are YouTube videos. Wetsuit models that only come down to your calf (not over your ankles) are easier to get on and off (over your feet) and that's helpful for racing. Sleeveless suits are great for added buoyancy and reduced drag and they don't restrict your arms as much as a full suit, but they aren't quite as warm and sleevless wetsuits may create more drag than a full suit. There are plenty of tri-wetsuit reviews around so read a bit before you buy, and since this is your first don't go over the top price wise - that can come later if/when you want to upgrade or try other styles. Prices are seasonal and generally better in the fall or mid to late summer, but you should be able to find something in the $200-$300 area or maybe less that will work as a trial. Make sure you get one made for tri or OW swimming and not a wetsuit made for surfing or diving. They are totally different. Once you decide the suit fits and is a keeper, use body glide on your neck at the top of the suit and if needed between your legs and under your arms where it can chafe your skin when you get ready to go for a swim. Try to get someone to check the zipper and Velcro tabs in the back to be sure they aren't against your skin. Good luck and happy wetsuit hunting
Children
No Data