Masters fees

Former Member
Former Member
I swim with a combined age group and masters team and am the master representative on the team's board. Our team is roughly 100 swimmers from 5 to 50+ and we live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Last week, our board adopted a new budget that added about 20,000 on to the monthly expenses. Sadly, I'm also a scout leader and had to go to a scout event and missed the budget. Our current fee structure doesn't support the new budget so the board is looking to raise the fee the swimmers pay. So I'm looking in to what other masters pay for their team. I'd also like to know how many hours a week you are offered coached workouts, if your fee includes the pool entry and if it's a combined masters and age group team. A board member claims he read on the ASCA web site that the average monthly fee to masters is $50 and that was in 2004. I'm looking around the area and out of state and I don't see anything to support higher than that today. My fear is that if they raise the fees too much for the masters, the members will leave (we currently only have 6 - with additional 5 recently leaving over coaching issues and lack of lane space as they moved to to 1 lane to give the kids a morning practice). So here's where we are now: $45 a month/ 3 hours a week offered/ pool fee not included/ age group and masters combined.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thank you all for the information. I'm gathering it all for our meeting next week. To answer some questions, we are down to 1 lane on Monday and Wednesday mornings and it's LCM. Fridays we get 4 lanes for SCY and generally only have 2 per lane. Mondays and Wednesdays we have a level 5 coach who is also coaching three groups of age groupers (8-13 kids per morning). So we lost a lane and now we are dividing our time with the coach. It used to be just us in the water and we had great attention. We still get good attention but, to me, not enough to warrant a $20 a month increase. In the mornings it is LCM, the team (age group and masters) have 3 lanes and there are 5 lanes of open lap swimming. The lap lanes have a group of about 5 that I swim with on my own on Thursdays. The rest of the lanes have 2-3 people. On SCY days, there are about 20 lanes and plenty of space to swim on our own. I buy the yearly pass to the pool for $320/year. Sadly, we know with only 1 lane, there is no room for expansion and with an increase in our dues from $420 annually to $660, I fear we will never grow. Thank you all for the info. Please keep it coming as I get prepared to present my case.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thank you all for the information. I'm gathering it all for our meeting next week. To answer some questions, we are down to 1 lane on Monday and Wednesday mornings and it's LCM. Fridays we get 4 lanes for SCY and generally only have 2 per lane. Mondays and Wednesdays we have a level 5 coach who is also coaching three groups of age groupers (8-13 kids per morning). So we lost a lane and now we are dividing our time with the coach. It used to be just us in the water and we had great attention. We still get good attention but, to me, not enough to warrant a $20 a month increase. In the mornings it is LCM, the team (age group and masters) have 3 lanes and there are 5 lanes of open lap swimming. The lap lanes have a group of about 5 that I swim with on my own on Thursdays. The rest of the lanes have 2-3 people. On SCY days, there are about 20 lanes and plenty of space to swim on our own. I buy the yearly pass to the pool for $320/year. Sadly, we know with only 1 lane, there is no room for expansion and with an increase in our dues from $420 annually to $660, I fear we will never grow. Thank you all for the info. Please keep it coming as I get prepared to present my case.
Children
No Data