Masters fees

Former Member
Former Member
I swim with a combined age group and masters team and am the master representative on the team's board. Our team is roughly 100 swimmers from 5 to 50+ and we live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Last week, our board adopted a new budget that added about 20,000 on to the monthly expenses. Sadly, I'm also a scout leader and had to go to a scout event and missed the budget. Our current fee structure doesn't support the new budget so the board is looking to raise the fee the swimmers pay. So I'm looking in to what other masters pay for their team. I'd also like to know how many hours a week you are offered coached workouts, if your fee includes the pool entry and if it's a combined masters and age group team. A board member claims he read on the ASCA web site that the average monthly fee to masters is $50 and that was in 2004. I'm looking around the area and out of state and I don't see anything to support higher than that today. My fear is that if they raise the fees too much for the masters, the members will leave (we currently only have 6 - with additional 5 recently leaving over coaching issues and lack of lane space as they moved to to 1 lane to give the kids a morning practice). So here's where we are now: $45 a month/ 3 hours a week offered/ pool fee not included/ age group and masters combined.
Parents
  • Here is really the issue with it. If your facility has plenty of lane space available to lap swimmers throughout the day and week, and then you have a masters program and members have to circle swim,. then you are not going to keep members. Aside from the value added of having coaching. There are people who want to compete and will do the masters workouts no matter what.. but I know of facilities where they have bigger masters programs just because for a fee they can dedicated lap time in lanes less crowded than other times. But to answer your question.. 25 per month.. free for annual members..
  • Here is really the issue with it. If your facility has plenty of lane space available to lap swimmers throughout the day and week, and then you have a masters program and members have to circle swim,. then you are not going to keep members. Aside from the value added of having coaching. There are people who want to compete and will do the masters workouts no matter what.. but I know of facilities where they have bigger masters programs just because for a fee they can dedicated lap time in lanes less crowded than other times. But to answer your question.. 25 per month.. free for annual members..
Children
No Data