cataract surgery?

Former Member
Former Member
I found a short thread on this topic, but it was posted 6 years ago, and times have changed. Has anyone had this surgery recently and if so, how soon did you resume swimming? My discharge paper says I can swim in a week, but doctor said 2 weeks. :bitching:
  • Hi. I had mine removed last year and replaced with the best corrective lens that are available. I started swimming 2 -3 weeks later since it was the summer, I had no team practices. I can now see the clock in the morning and never worry about losing contacts when my goggles leak or come off. I think yo will like the new found freedom!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Hi orca, I have noticed a huge improvement in just days. It's 2 weeks tomorrow since the surgery. Did you go right back to swimming outside? Are there any concerns about direct sunlight, especially in the outdoor pool - the glare is much brighter.
  • I use clear or light blue for inside swimming. Outside ,you should use some sort of darker tint. You will need to try darker shades that you like as I was, before cataracts,light sensitive. I'm glad to hear you like your new vision.