Nationals!

Only a month to go until Indy... it'll be my first big meet since college. Who here's going? What should I expect in terms of meet flow - does it move quickly or slowly? Are the warmup/cooldown pools going to be jam-packed? And most importantly... do people shave down for this meet? I have a lot more hair than I did in college...
Parents
  • I haven't completely given up on going to Indy, but at this point I'm 90% sure I'm going to skip it this year. Just not worth doling out the money and taking time off from work considering where I'm at right now in the pool. To answer JPEnge's question about meet flow it's a huge meet and usually we're talking about sessions going from 8:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening at the larger Nationals. Things are kept moving, but with close to 2,000 swimmers it's long. And, yes, plenty of people shave down. You'll see the occasionally hairy guy, but lots of swimmers are shaved and wearing expensive tech suits.
  • I haven't completely given up on going to Indy, but at this point I'm 90% sure I'm going to skip it this year. Just not worth doling out the money and taking time off from work considering where I'm at right now in the pool. To answer JPEnge's question about meet flow it's a huge meet and usually we're talking about sessions going from 8:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening at the larger Nationals. Things are kept moving, but with close to 2,000 swimmers it's long. And, yes, plenty of people shave down. You'll see the occasionally hairy guy, but lots of swimmers are shaved and wearing expensive tech suits.
Children
No Data