Nationals!

Only a month to go until Indy... it'll be my first big meet since college. Who here's going? What should I expect in terms of meet flow - does it move quickly or slowly? Are the warmup/cooldown pools going to be jam-packed? And most importantly... do people shave down for this meet? I have a lot more hair than I did in college...
Parents
  • Only a month to go until Indy... it'll be my first big meet since college. Who here's going? What should I expect in terms of meet flow - does it move quickly or slowly? Are the warmup/cooldown pools going to be jam-packed? And most importantly... do people shave down for this meet? I have a lot more hair than I did in college... Although I have gone to several Nationals in the past, I won't be going to this one. I can answer your questions, though. Regarding the flow of the meet, fast/slow is relative; that's hard to answer, because I don't know what you think is fast or slow! Compared to the meets I do here in Georgia where I am swimming five events in one day (often including distance free, 400 IM, 200 ***, and 200 fly in (sometimes) less than a few hour, Nationals are SLOW. There will be a published timeline, though, so you can use it as a guide. It is NOT written in stone, though! Regarding the warm-up/cool-down pool(s), YES, they are jam-packed! That is always the most difficult thing for me at Nationals, because I train on my own and ALWAYS have my own lane. Often, I have the ENTIRE pool to myself! As for shaving, YES, the guys shave down for this meet. I rarely see much body hair at the meet! Good luck at the meet, JP! Let us know how it goes! :cheerleader:
  • Only a month to go until Indy... it'll be my first big meet since college. Who here's going? What should I expect in terms of meet flow - does it move quickly or slowly? Are the warmup/cooldown pools going to be jam-packed? And most importantly... do people shave down for this meet? I have a lot more hair than I did in college... Although I have gone to several Nationals in the past, I won't be going to this one. I can answer your questions, though. Regarding the flow of the meet, fast/slow is relative; that's hard to answer, because I don't know what you think is fast or slow! Compared to the meets I do here in Georgia where I am swimming five events in one day (often including distance free, 400 IM, 200 ***, and 200 fly in (sometimes) less than a few hour, Nationals are SLOW. There will be a published timeline, though, so you can use it as a guide. It is NOT written in stone, though! Regarding the warm-up/cool-down pool(s), YES, they are jam-packed! That is always the most difficult thing for me at Nationals, because I train on my own and ALWAYS have my own lane. Often, I have the ENTIRE pool to myself! As for shaving, YES, the guys shave down for this meet. I rarely see much body hair at the meet! Good luck at the meet, JP! Let us know how it goes! :cheerleader:
Children
No Data