What time of year do folks join teams? And any come/go?

Kids' schedule will not permit me to join a team, but I am thinking about checking out the local team during their noon practice, and maybe doing it for a month here or there (they may not let me ). The question I have is, is there a "beginning" of the season where they have new members, or when they have breaks, or otherwise is there a more ideal time to join? There is not a whole lot of info on the local team's page. I am also wondering how open teams are to folks dropping in for a month at a time. So maybe I'll swim for a month out of every 3 or so. I'd like some coaching, and some help in pushing my limits (hard to do on one's own). But I can't do it throughout the year, as the morning and evening practices offered conflict with my kids' practice. I know right now, USA Swimming is in between the end of short course, and the beginning of long course. Don't know if USMS has a similar break.
Parents
  • I second checking out a local YMCA. Ours will allow you to go month to month. People start up at any time, but the beginning of the year is when the tri peeps start coming out to prep for their seasons. Give it a shot!
  • I second checking out a local YMCA. Ours will allow you to go month to month. People start up at any time, but the beginning of the year is when the tri peeps start coming out to prep for their seasons. Give it a shot!
Children
No Data