Video Analysis - Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there, any suggestions for improvement on my butterfly would be appreciated! Here's a video of my butterfly from underwater; vimeo.com/259482275 Over the top: vimeo.com/259482131 And lastly a static video starting off with one arm drills, and full stroke beginning around 1:28: vimeo.com/259364445 Thanks in advance for your time,
Parents
  • I think it’s actually harder to swim fly at a slower tempo and still be able to recover the arms... not to mention a distance of 200 (longest distance I ever did was a 100 and my feet and legs were completely numb after the first 50). Someone at my pool said any woman over the age of 25 who could do fly was in pretty good shape. Where I swim, it’s pretty unusual and rare to see adults of either gender swimming fly at all. As I mentioned above to Orca, for me, I am unable to swim a 200 fly at a faster tempo. I need that glide in between strokes!
  • I think it’s actually harder to swim fly at a slower tempo and still be able to recover the arms... not to mention a distance of 200 (longest distance I ever did was a 100 and my feet and legs were completely numb after the first 50). Someone at my pool said any woman over the age of 25 who could do fly was in pretty good shape. Where I swim, it’s pretty unusual and rare to see adults of either gender swimming fly at all. As I mentioned above to Orca, for me, I am unable to swim a 200 fly at a faster tempo. I need that glide in between strokes!
Children
No Data