Video Analysis - Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there, any suggestions for improvement on my butterfly would be appreciated! Here's a video of my butterfly from underwater; vimeo.com/259482275 Over the top: vimeo.com/259482131 And lastly a static video starting off with one arm drills, and full stroke beginning around 1:28: vimeo.com/259364445 Thanks in advance for your time,
Parents
  • Ellaine K, I would love to hear the explanation of how dropping your head sooner speeds your recovery and results in less splash. It makes no sense to me. Age is immaterial. For fly, I would rather see the head higher longer than shorter Arrieros - for breaststroke and fly turns, the turn sequence is best if the following sequence is followed: a) After touching the wall, the first motion is pulling your knees to your chest. Use your hands as leverage at this point. This movement starts the rotation process. b) Wait until your feet are quite close to the wall before releasing your grasp. c) Before pushing off, make sure you can be streamline off the wall. You cannot push off until your feet get to the wall. The concept of getting your hands and upper body off the wall first actually increases the time it takes for your feet to get to the wall and reduce the amount of time you have to get a breath. If you doubt this, talk to a diving coach. They will tell you that the fastest way to spin is to initiate the back or reverse spin is by pulling the knees in instead of throwing their head back. Of course, experiment to see what works best for you.
  • Ellaine K, I would love to hear the explanation of how dropping your head sooner speeds your recovery and results in less splash. It makes no sense to me. Age is immaterial. For fly, I would rather see the head higher longer than shorter Arrieros - for breaststroke and fly turns, the turn sequence is best if the following sequence is followed: a) After touching the wall, the first motion is pulling your knees to your chest. Use your hands as leverage at this point. This movement starts the rotation process. b) Wait until your feet are quite close to the wall before releasing your grasp. c) Before pushing off, make sure you can be streamline off the wall. You cannot push off until your feet get to the wall. The concept of getting your hands and upper body off the wall first actually increases the time it takes for your feet to get to the wall and reduce the amount of time you have to get a breath. If you doubt this, talk to a diving coach. They will tell you that the fastest way to spin is to initiate the back or reverse spin is by pulling the knees in instead of throwing their head back. Of course, experiment to see what works best for you.
Children
No Data