Indoor Triathlon

I did an indoor triathlon today, a short, short one. 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, 15 minute run. At 70, I was the oldest by far. I'm a lifelong runner, unable to run any more due to arthritis. And I've never been much of a biker with 7 month long winters in my area. That leaves one event where I can concentrate on improving. There were 27 people. I was #26 of 27 in the run (which I walked mostly). #24 of 27 in the bike. I suppose I might have been able to improve that by one place had I not dawdled in transition and started 2 minutes late. But I was #15 of 27 in the swim, despite being twice the age of most of them. I have my masters team coaches to thank since age and size did not hamper me as much as poor technique held the rest of them back.
Parents
  • I started and finished one Ironman try. That was all I needed to say never again! Yeah, I'm sticking with the shortest ones out of necessity. I've never run a full marathon and the last half I did was 5 yrs ago. I knew after that one I'd never do another. And I've never been big on cycling either, except for a year or two in the mid-80s when I rode a bike to work every day. At swimming, I'm still a relative newbie, having only 3 years of consistent yardage, about 5-6K/wk. But y'know, it beats about 95% of the population of any age.
  • I started and finished one Ironman try. That was all I needed to say never again! Yeah, I'm sticking with the shortest ones out of necessity. I've never run a full marathon and the last half I did was 5 yrs ago. I knew after that one I'd never do another. And I've never been big on cycling either, except for a year or two in the mid-80s when I rode a bike to work every day. At swimming, I'm still a relative newbie, having only 3 years of consistent yardage, about 5-6K/wk. But y'know, it beats about 95% of the population of any age.
Children
No Data