Indoor Triathlon

I did an indoor triathlon today, a short, short one. 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, 15 minute run. At 70, I was the oldest by far. I'm a lifelong runner, unable to run any more due to arthritis. And I've never been much of a biker with 7 month long winters in my area. That leaves one event where I can concentrate on improving. There were 27 people. I was #26 of 27 in the run (which I walked mostly). #24 of 27 in the bike. I suppose I might have been able to improve that by one place had I not dawdled in transition and started 2 minutes late. But I was #15 of 27 in the swim, despite being twice the age of most of them. I have my masters team coaches to thank since age and size did not hamper me as much as poor technique held the rest of them back.
Parents
  • It is my understanding that Triathlons favor bikes pretty much by accident. In Hawaii there was a swim across the bay race-2.4 mi, a bike around the island race-112 mi, and the Hawaii marathon- 26.2 mi. As I heard it, 6 guys drinking beer said" what if we do them all in one day." The rest is history, but that is how they got the ratios.
  • It is my understanding that Triathlons favor bikes pretty much by accident. In Hawaii there was a swim across the bay race-2.4 mi, a bike around the island race-112 mi, and the Hawaii marathon- 26.2 mi. As I heard it, 6 guys drinking beer said" what if we do them all in one day." The rest is history, but that is how they got the ratios.
Children
No Data