Bonking hard after 5k workouts. Thrifty nutrition tips?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi SwimFans! I'm having a bit of a problem with 'bonking' the crash after swimming a 5k workout or more. I'm a morning swimmer and have never swam on a full tummy, I also get up just barely with enough time to make it to the pool when it opens at 6. While working out I sip homemade Faker-aide and snarf down a protein bar and a banana afterwards with a cup of coffee (this is breakfast). I try to eat a carb rich dinner the night before, but I don't really think this helps. I budget $10.00/day for food so nutrition needs to be cheap. Suggestions? Recipes?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have a hard time eating first thing in the morning. I grew up swimming and was never able to eat before morning practice without seeing it again right away. I'll try the banana blended with some water and peanut butter and see how it goes. THanks!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have a hard time eating first thing in the morning. I grew up swimming and was never able to eat before morning practice without seeing it again right away. I'll try the banana blended with some water and peanut butter and see how it goes. THanks!
Children
No Data