New to Forum...very dry cracked hands. Suggestions?

Former Member
Former Member
I have started swimming and my fingers in particular are becoming so dry they’re splitting. Is there a particular glove I could use that would minimize the damage? Or what about a lotion or oil? And as a side bummer...my shellac nail polish doesn’t last nearly as long either! Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • I have this problem, and it happens in the winter, whether or not I am swimming. I put vaseline on my hands, then wear latex or nitrile gloves for a while. If I'm messing with my cars or any sort of hands-on project, I do it every time. I occasionally just wear the gloves overnight. Usually a few hours makes an absolute world of difference. I also will put vaseline on individual cracks, and then put on a band-aid, though those don't usually stay on as well. I've tried just abotu every hand cream on the market, and none of it gets rid of the problem.
  • I have this problem, and it happens in the winter, whether or not I am swimming. I put vaseline on my hands, then wear latex or nitrile gloves for a while. If I'm messing with my cars or any sort of hands-on project, I do it every time. I occasionally just wear the gloves overnight. Usually a few hours makes an absolute world of difference. I also will put vaseline on individual cracks, and then put on a band-aid, though those don't usually stay on as well. I've tried just abotu every hand cream on the market, and none of it gets rid of the problem.
Children
No Data