Does your swim coach....

Former Member
Former Member
...swim at all for themself? Obviously a question for those who have coaches. Odd question maybe, but I’m genuinely curious.
Parents
  • I swim every day - 4500-5500 yards. Except for when I coached college, I was swimming as much as the kids I was coaching (and much of the time faster as well). None of my coaches were swimmers. Best coach I know was a wrestler. He could relate to the swimmers like no other coach I have known. He was an even better diving coach. So, being a swimmer does not necessarily mean the coach will know what they are doing. Many coaches simply coach the way they were coached. :( PW
  • I swim every day - 4500-5500 yards. Except for when I coached college, I was swimming as much as the kids I was coaching (and much of the time faster as well). None of my coaches were swimmers. Best coach I know was a wrestler. He could relate to the swimmers like no other coach I have known. He was an even better diving coach. So, being a swimmer does not necessarily mean the coach will know what they are doing. Many coaches simply coach the way they were coached. :( PW
Children
No Data