Night swimmers who regularly practice right before sleep?

Anyone here regularly swim at night (6pm or later)? If so, do you have any tips or strategies for making workouts productive even when it's late out? In general, does the time of day affect your energy level in the pool? I usually don't swim nights, as I've been a die hard morning swimmer - with occasional afternoon swims when I can fit them in. Tragically, morning workouts at my pool are no longer available daily :violin:so I look to you all for pointers as I convert to being a bit of a "night swimmer" myself in order to plug in those daily sessions and work with the only time slots my pool has currently available! From what I understand, intense workout right before bedtime can disrupt your sleep cycle, so I'm trying to dance over this challenge since I don't know if I'm doing myself a favor if workouts come at the price of much needed rest :bed:Maybe an easy or moderate pace in new night practice is necessary to adjust to the time change, and intensity and distance can be added a few weeks out from then?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    As you’ve already told that you are a morning swimmer, there’s no need for me to tell you what are the good and bads in a morning swimming schedule. Night/evening swimming schedules are no different just because it will require the same amount energy, same techniques but the difference would be the time of the day which makes a whole lot of difference. By the evening your body would have worked a lot already which brings us to the fact that you will not need much efforts to get your body moving to the pool. But at the same time if you had a stressed out day and you find yourself low on energy, it’ll become much difficult for you to execute your swimming schedule. When you swim in the evening you’ll have enough time to get your food in there which is good especially if you’re looking forward to work on your appetite. A smashing physique will come along as a bonus, so don’t be surprised. The most difficult factor that becomes a barrier between you and your swimming schedule is laziness. You’ve been working the whole day and now you’re tired but hey guess what? Now you’re supposed to go to the pool with full energy no matter how tired you are. But as you are a regular swimmer and you know what benefits it carries you won’t find this as a challenge. Best of Luck.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    As you’ve already told that you are a morning swimmer, there’s no need for me to tell you what are the good and bads in a morning swimming schedule. Night/evening swimming schedules are no different just because it will require the same amount energy, same techniques but the difference would be the time of the day which makes a whole lot of difference. By the evening your body would have worked a lot already which brings us to the fact that you will not need much efforts to get your body moving to the pool. But at the same time if you had a stressed out day and you find yourself low on energy, it’ll become much difficult for you to execute your swimming schedule. When you swim in the evening you’ll have enough time to get your food in there which is good especially if you’re looking forward to work on your appetite. A smashing physique will come along as a bonus, so don’t be surprised. The most difficult factor that becomes a barrier between you and your swimming schedule is laziness. You’ve been working the whole day and now you’re tired but hey guess what? Now you’re supposed to go to the pool with full energy no matter how tired you are. But as you are a regular swimmer and you know what benefits it carries you won’t find this as a challenge. Best of Luck.
Children
No Data