Bicep pain after swimming

I tend to get a sore bicep with a dull pain for 24-48 hours after a lengthy swim and I'm pretty sure it's due to a poor stroke. One of my action items for Feb is to get the stroke diagnosed by a coach, but should I have a doctor look at it and get some imagery on it? TIA
Parents
  • So last night I did 3300 yards and focused on my left arm and swam without pain as much, so technique seems to be a big thing that I need to have fixed by someone who's an adult. I don't do any dryland exercises because I'm a) lazy and b) I honestly don't know what I'm doing - I just like to swim laps. But I'll look into dryland stuff because I should probably be doing core/general S&C stuff anyway. But the neck comments are interesting and would have never thought about that and will ask my doctor. Thank you everyone for your advice. The swimming community is much more helpful than other sports!
  • So last night I did 3300 yards and focused on my left arm and swam without pain as much, so technique seems to be a big thing that I need to have fixed by someone who's an adult. I don't do any dryland exercises because I'm a) lazy and b) I honestly don't know what I'm doing - I just like to swim laps. But I'll look into dryland stuff because I should probably be doing core/general S&C stuff anyway. But the neck comments are interesting and would have never thought about that and will ask my doctor. Thank you everyone for your advice. The swimming community is much more helpful than other sports!
Children
No Data