Bicep pain after swimming

I tend to get a sore bicep with a dull pain for 24-48 hours after a lengthy swim and I'm pretty sure it's due to a poor stroke. One of my action items for Feb is to get the stroke diagnosed by a coach, but should I have a doctor look at it and get some imagery on it? TIA
Parents
  • I tend to get a sore bicep with a dull pain for 24-48 hours after a lengthy swim and I'm pretty sure it's due to a poor stroke. One of my action items for Feb is to get the stroke diagnosed by a coach, but should I have a doctor look at it and get some imagery on it? TIA Hi Nick, I was getting treatment for bicep tendonitis last summer and it wasn't helping me at all. I visited a different PT and we discovered the pain was coming from my neck but causing me to feel it in my bicep. My PT taught me a couple neck stretches and I started doing more stroke(fly and back) in my workouts and it going pretty well.
  • I tend to get a sore bicep with a dull pain for 24-48 hours after a lengthy swim and I'm pretty sure it's due to a poor stroke. One of my action items for Feb is to get the stroke diagnosed by a coach, but should I have a doctor look at it and get some imagery on it? TIA Hi Nick, I was getting treatment for bicep tendonitis last summer and it wasn't helping me at all. I visited a different PT and we discovered the pain was coming from my neck but causing me to feel it in my bicep. My PT taught me a couple neck stretches and I started doing more stroke(fly and back) in my workouts and it going pretty well.
Children
No Data