Searching for fun swim story

Our USMS team in Shelbyville, KY has quarterly parties. The winter party is soon here (1/12/18). I am looking for a fun swim story with lots of "lefts and rights" - or I can add them in - just need a start. This is for our gift exchange. THe idea is each person holds their generic gift and it gets passed either left or right every time left or right is heard. Ideas?
  • Our USMS team in Shelbyville, KY has quarterly parties. The winter party is soon here (1/12/18). I am looking for a fun swim story with lots of "lefts and rights" - or I can add them in - just need a start. This is for our gift exchange. THe idea is each person holds their generic gift and it gets passed either left or right every time left or right is heard. Ideas?Fiction or nonfiction? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Okay. It doesn’t necessarily deal directly with swimming. But it happened at the fitness center where the pool I use is co-located on the local Navy base. I witnessed it first-hand. I edited and added a few "left" and "right" for you. Feel free to add your own edits and make it two swimmers if you wish. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I had just finished a lunchtime workout in the Navy base gym. As I headed back to the locker room I noticed that there were now only two other patrons in the facility. Young males, likely active duty sailors. When I got back to the locker room to shower and change there wasn’t anyone else in there. And just as I finished my shower and got back to my "LOCKED" locker to get dressed, one of those younger guys came in from the gym and approached a locker a couple of doors to the right of mine. He was in his sweaty workout clothes and holding a fresh gym towel that he’d obviously just gotten from the front desk attendant. Without opening his locker, he striped down, left his sweaty workout clothes on the floor right in front of “his” locker and went over to take a quick rinse-off shower. He finished, dried off, and went right back over to his locker...which did NOT have a lock on it...to get dressed. Not putting a lock on daily-use gym lockers is common on Navy bases. People like to assume that their locker contents left unattended are safe, and that their fellow sailors and other gym patrons are trustworthy. And, generally speaking…they are. Regardless, I always use a lock. You’ll understand why in a second. The guy opened the locker and took out a pair of skivvies and a t-shirt and put them on. All of the sudden he exclaimed “***! This isn’t my locker!” Turns out that he assumed the Navy tropical white uniform and other items in the first locker he opened were his. They weren’t. An honest mistake. Navy uniforms are made to look identical. When they’re hanging on a hook in a locker it could be easy to mistake your own for someone else’s. So, he took off the skivvies and t-shirt, put them right back where he'd found them, took another quick rinse in the shower, and went ahead and got dressed with his own clothes (uniform) from the locker just to the left of the first one he opened. I said nothing to him but maintained a nonchalant observation. Now the question arose: Would he mention this faux pas to the only other guy in the gym? Would you? I didn't want to seem obvious so when I finished dressing I took my time making my way out to my car. As I passed through the fitness area, that one lone patron was now the only person in the gym. The other uniform had to be his. And, as I got to my car I saw that the first guy was coming out the door. There was no way he took the time to stop and tell the guy still working out "Hey, I accidentally put your underwear on. Sorry. Have a nice day!" So, somewhere on the base that day there was a guy whose undergarments were worn by another man and to this day he has absolutely no knowledge of it ever happening. Ewww!!! The moral of the story? Let this be a lesson to always use a lock on your gym locker regardless of how trustworthy you find the other gym patrons. Dan
  • THanks! Love it! Will let youknow how it goes!