Video Analysis - Breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there, Someone kindly assisted me to film my breaststroke; the video is a little shaky at some points but is better than what I could see if I filmed myself. Over the water: vimeo.com/248971338 Below: vimeo.com/248971160 Any comments or feedback on the swim is appreciated. It's my Achilles heel right now. Thanks!
Parents
  • Your main goal will be to strengthen the core such that you can keep your hips closer to the surface of the water during that streamline position. Undulation is a bit tricky because this could lead to too much up and down motion during your stroke, thus reducing efficiency. Here are a few drills that might be helpful, as demonstrated by Kristy Kowal: www.swimspire.com/.../ However, as Allen said, the number 1 rule is to not do anything that might lead to injuries, so approach these and any drills you do with caution. Not all of them will be geared towards your needs. Ideally you should also use the services of a coach specialized in stroke technique to further your efforts in the breaststroke.
  • Your main goal will be to strengthen the core such that you can keep your hips closer to the surface of the water during that streamline position. Undulation is a bit tricky because this could lead to too much up and down motion during your stroke, thus reducing efficiency. Here are a few drills that might be helpful, as demonstrated by Kristy Kowal: www.swimspire.com/.../ However, as Allen said, the number 1 rule is to not do anything that might lead to injuries, so approach these and any drills you do with caution. Not all of them will be geared towards your needs. Ideally you should also use the services of a coach specialized in stroke technique to further your efforts in the breaststroke.
Children
No Data