Newbie needs help with Breaststroke technique

I'm 38 years old and started swimming for fitness about 3 months ago. I learned basic breaststroke in my late 20s but haven't practiced much back then. Here is a video of my breaststroke swim. www.dropbox.com/.../breaststroke 2.MOV If I sprint, it takes me about 33 seconds for 25m and 2:27 for 100m. I can maintain 2:40 per 100m when I swim long distances like 1000m, without getting tired. I have two modest goals - Swim 25m in 25 seconds and 100m in 2min. How do I quickly reach these goals? Is my problem my poor technique or lack of strength (I'm skinny)? Thanks in advance.
Parents
  • But I'm excited about the progress! (3 seconds improvement in 25m). Congratulations on your quick improvement! :applaud: That just goes to show how important proper technique is in swimming. I'm sure you will improve your times as you continue to work on your technique. If there is one person to pay attention to on this thread and "The Breaststroke Lane" thread, it's King Frog (Allen Stark). He is the frogstroke expert! :D
  • But I'm excited about the progress! (3 seconds improvement in 25m). Congratulations on your quick improvement! :applaud: That just goes to show how important proper technique is in swimming. I'm sure you will improve your times as you continue to work on your technique. If there is one person to pay attention to on this thread and "The Breaststroke Lane" thread, it's King Frog (Allen Stark). He is the frogstroke expert! :D
Children
No Data