Ideas for swimming medals and ribbons

Here are some ideas for things to do with your collection of swimming medals and neck ribbons! --- Anna Lea Placemats: 11394 Stepping stones: 11395 Pillows: 11396
Parents
  • For me, I agree. However, this summer, I was introduced to a good 'recycling' program when my Dad used old Masters' medals as 'awards' for his grand-kids for a variety of goofy 'events' while on a family vacation. The kids really coveted the medals and it was cool to see a couple of my medals be way more valued by the kids than by me, We did the same at a family reunion. I downloaded the Olympic theme song and the Star Spangled Banner and played them when we handed out the medals. We made up enough age groups and events so that each of them won one. We had soft ball throw, high jump, broad jump, running, etc. The medals were all from the NJ Senior Games and I just took the sticky event/time off the back. They were fairly large and on red-white and blue ribbons so you could put them around their necks. Parents didn't realize I'd won them all 'til later. Kids loved it.
  • For me, I agree. However, this summer, I was introduced to a good 'recycling' program when my Dad used old Masters' medals as 'awards' for his grand-kids for a variety of goofy 'events' while on a family vacation. The kids really coveted the medals and it was cool to see a couple of my medals be way more valued by the kids than by me, We did the same at a family reunion. I downloaded the Olympic theme song and the Star Spangled Banner and played them when we handed out the medals. We made up enough age groups and events so that each of them won one. We had soft ball throw, high jump, broad jump, running, etc. The medals were all from the NJ Senior Games and I just took the sticky event/time off the back. They were fairly large and on red-white and blue ribbons so you could put them around their necks. Parents didn't realize I'd won them all 'til later. Kids loved it.
Children
No Data