Finis Positive Drive fins .... and chafing

So, I recently bought a pair of the Positive Drive fins--site here. I ordered Women's XL b/c the next size up would be half a size larger than my running shoe size. But now I wonder if I should have sized up. I'm not anxious for my fins to fall off, but I also don't like my toes bleeding when I'm finished with a workout. Is there any adjustment I can make of the size I have--or should I bite the bullet and order a larger size. (I'm sure I can find a taker for the ones I have now.) What's your experience w/ these fins? Is there any hope of adjusting the fit so the current ones are more comfortable? Even with Tri-Slide, the chafing was pretty bad. Thanks for any tips! (Or bids, if you want to buy the ones I have--they might be blood stained a little, but nothing contagious lol!)
Parents
  • My experience with fins has been that they all chafe. Have you tried the Aqua sphere fins made of foam? Those look like they might not chafe. Thanks for the suggestion--did try Aquasphere fins once--and the heel strap cut into my ankle so I pretty much ditched them after one use. I have Finis Zoomers, which can be tamed with enough Tri-Slide. But for some reason the Positive Drive gave me a lot of negative vibes. :toohurt: I have a pair of Tyr long fins which don't chafe, but are awkward to use on turns. They were, however, a godsend when I was having shoulder pain. I sometimes still use them, but they're bulky to carry in my swim bag most times.
  • My experience with fins has been that they all chafe. Have you tried the Aqua sphere fins made of foam? Those look like they might not chafe. Thanks for the suggestion--did try Aquasphere fins once--and the heel strap cut into my ankle so I pretty much ditched them after one use. I have Finis Zoomers, which can be tamed with enough Tri-Slide. But for some reason the Positive Drive gave me a lot of negative vibes. :toohurt: I have a pair of Tyr long fins which don't chafe, but are awkward to use on turns. They were, however, a godsend when I was having shoulder pain. I sometimes still use them, but they're bulky to carry in my swim bag most times.
Children
No Data