Good swimming routine after 6 months of not swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey everyone. So recently, I was in a car accident and it injured my back and left leg pretty bad. I haven't been able to swim, or even hit the gym in a while due the pain I was in. I have been a swimmer most of my life. I was a competitive swimmer all through junior high and high school. I also swam in a swim club in college. I just turned 32 and I haven't swam though for just over 6 months, and I'm finally ready to dust off my Speedos and to start swimming again. I live in Arizona, so I can do swimming year round hear and not worry about the weather. Just wondering though what kind of swimming workouts should I start up again after not swimming for 6 months? I don't want to start out with an extremely intense workout and then injure my back and leg again. What workouts would you guys recommend for a guy who's 6 foot and 185 pounds, but hasn't been swimming for over 6 months. I'm hoping to start swimming again on a daily basis like I used to, but for now my doctor doesn't want me to swim more than days a week for the time being. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Parents
  • Go into the workouts thread and look at the one for Expectant Mothers and Limited Mobility (I think that's what it's called). It's a great place to start getting back into shape and you can even modify these for your abilities post-accident. I hope you're able to recover soon!
  • Go into the workouts thread and look at the one for Expectant Mothers and Limited Mobility (I think that's what it's called). It's a great place to start getting back into shape and you can even modify these for your abilities post-accident. I hope you're able to recover soon!
Children
No Data