kick beats in reference to stroke cadence

Ok...here's another newbee question....is there some kind of mnemonic to help me coordinate kicks with my stroke..for instance 2 kicks per stroke...4 kicks per stroke, etc...right now I seem to just be "kicking"
Parents
  • ... so it more like a waltz. ONE two three, ONE two three - but opposite feet (downbeat) and hands (entry) coordinated on the beat. ... OMG, after 40-something years of swimming I now have an explanation for why I can't swim freestyle right, I can't dance! Waltzing is especially impossible. Every time someone has tried to teach me to dance I have found that I am always standing on the foot that is supposed to move. I'm always complaining, "I can't move that foot, I'm standing on it. You have to teach me to move the the foot first so I can stand on that one before I move this one!!" Dancing makes totally no sense to me. This is not a matter of lacking coordination with my feet and legs - I've been a highly successful alpine skier. I know how to move my feet and legs, it's a rhythm thing I guess...
  • ... so it more like a waltz. ONE two three, ONE two three - but opposite feet (downbeat) and hands (entry) coordinated on the beat. ... OMG, after 40-something years of swimming I now have an explanation for why I can't swim freestyle right, I can't dance! Waltzing is especially impossible. Every time someone has tried to teach me to dance I have found that I am always standing on the foot that is supposed to move. I'm always complaining, "I can't move that foot, I'm standing on it. You have to teach me to move the the foot first so I can stand on that one before I move this one!!" Dancing makes totally no sense to me. This is not a matter of lacking coordination with my feet and legs - I've been a highly successful alpine skier. I know how to move my feet and legs, it's a rhythm thing I guess...
Children
No Data