incorporating underwater dolphin kicks into my workouts

New swimmer....trying to learn other strokes, I want to integrate some underwater dolphin kicking into my workout and was wondering if anyone has some sets or a workout that incorporates these...?
Parents
  • I do a continuous 200 kick set as part of my daily warm-up. Usually a combo of half free and half dolphin by 50's, mixing up the order and whether on my chest or back. Mostly just to get loose and get in rhythm. During our workout we usually do at a couple of dedicated kick sets. Today we happened to do 12 x 25 dolphin on 0:40. First 4 were on the chest, next 4 on the back and then 4 on the side. I like side kicking because it helps to give you a better feel for the up kick. I've also developed the routine of doing at least two dolphins on every pushoff from the wall. If you do it enough, it just becomes a habit after a while. I know from trial and error in practice (trying different combinations) that my current "sweet spots" speed-wise are four dolphins off the start in freestyle and two off the turns and eight dolphins off the start for butterfly, and four off the turn. I try to stick to those numbers in practice when doing fast sets as a rehearsal for racing and to ingrain it in my muscle memory. Just my $0.02
  • I do a continuous 200 kick set as part of my daily warm-up. Usually a combo of half free and half dolphin by 50's, mixing up the order and whether on my chest or back. Mostly just to get loose and get in rhythm. During our workout we usually do at a couple of dedicated kick sets. Today we happened to do 12 x 25 dolphin on 0:40. First 4 were on the chest, next 4 on the back and then 4 on the side. I like side kicking because it helps to give you a better feel for the up kick. I've also developed the routine of doing at least two dolphins on every pushoff from the wall. If you do it enough, it just becomes a habit after a while. I know from trial and error in practice (trying different combinations) that my current "sweet spots" speed-wise are four dolphins off the start in freestyle and two off the turns and eight dolphins off the start for butterfly, and four off the turn. I try to stick to those numbers in practice when doing fast sets as a rehearsal for racing and to ingrain it in my muscle memory. Just my $0.02
Children
No Data