incorporating underwater dolphin kicks into my workouts

New swimmer....trying to learn other strokes, I want to integrate some underwater dolphin kicking into my workout and was wondering if anyone has some sets or a workout that incorporates these...?
Parents
  • UDK during a push-off: Do a set of 8 x 25. After your streamline push-off, stay underwater for 5-7 dolphin kick cycles (the combination of a downkick and an upkick). Surface before the 15 yard mark – there is NO benefit to staying under longer and is not safe. I disagree with this. If you have a great underwater dolphin kick and you want to kick out close to 15 meters during races, you definitely need to be comfortable doing full 25s underwater during practice. If you can only make it 15 meters in practice on 25 repeats you aren't going to get anywhere close to 15 meters during an actual race. Whether it's safe or not depends on the individual. Certainly do not push it. When you need to breathe, come to the surface and breathe!
  • UDK during a push-off: Do a set of 8 x 25. After your streamline push-off, stay underwater for 5-7 dolphin kick cycles (the combination of a downkick and an upkick). Surface before the 15 yard mark – there is NO benefit to staying under longer and is not safe. I disagree with this. If you have a great underwater dolphin kick and you want to kick out close to 15 meters during races, you definitely need to be comfortable doing full 25s underwater during practice. If you can only make it 15 meters in practice on 25 repeats you aren't going to get anywhere close to 15 meters during an actual race. Whether it's safe or not depends on the individual. Certainly do not push it. When you need to breathe, come to the surface and breathe!
Children
No Data