Does streamline position = tension?

Former Member
Former Member
Goswim video this week focused on core stability, and how to teach streamline position to swimmers. In the streamline position, I feel very compact and tight, but also tense. I start out like that in freestyle, then immediately lose that feeling, Is there tension while swimming in a streamlined position? My back and *** strokes are pretty good, but in the free, I feel like a floundering fish. :doh:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I love the Race Club. Here’s a link; the second video specifically addresses the streamline position: theraceclub.com/.../ I think it hurts especially in the glide phase of breaststroke. I missed the second video when I read your first post. Just watched it. Looks like Gary Hall believes it is not a natural position, and is not relaxed, (as Evan pointed out) but is critical to swimming fast and efficiently. I need to work on that. I also need to include my hips, I'm not compact when I swim freestyle. Breaststroke seems to be "my best stroke" - always came very naturally for me.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I love the Race Club. Here’s a link; the second video specifically addresses the streamline position: theraceclub.com/.../ I think it hurts especially in the glide phase of breaststroke. I missed the second video when I read your first post. Just watched it. Looks like Gary Hall believes it is not a natural position, and is not relaxed, (as Evan pointed out) but is critical to swimming fast and efficiently. I need to work on that. I also need to include my hips, I'm not compact when I swim freestyle. Breaststroke seems to be "my best stroke" - always came very naturally for me.
Children
No Data