newbee question about kicking

As previously stated in other posts I'm a "newer" swimmer in respect to trying to get better at it.....My kick is awful. I've been working on ankle flexibility out of the water and doing kick drills with and without fins.....although I'm getting better, I'm still so slow on the kicking.....will it eventually come around as my body gets stronger and more flexible in the right places? I've only been seriously trying for about 60 days, so I recognize more time is needed.....
Parents
  • What do you think is wrong with your kick? I tend to swim better with kicking. Without it, I feel really unbalanced. So when I have a pull buoy on, I am extremely slow and uncoordinated. But this guy in my lane, he is really slow when he swims. When he has the pull buoy on, he is extremely fast. He is also an experienced marathon swimmer. The coach said that because his legs are too deep in the water, and he ends up having to do larger kicks. The pull buoy and the salt water from his marathon swims gives his legs a lift which makes him faster.
  • What do you think is wrong with your kick? I tend to swim better with kicking. Without it, I feel really unbalanced. So when I have a pull buoy on, I am extremely slow and uncoordinated. But this guy in my lane, he is really slow when he swims. When he has the pull buoy on, he is extremely fast. He is also an experienced marathon swimmer. The coach said that because his legs are too deep in the water, and he ends up having to do larger kicks. The pull buoy and the salt water from his marathon swims gives his legs a lift which makes him faster.
Children
No Data