Breaststroke dryland/gym workout

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all Can anyone share some great breaststroke dryland workout that i can do in the weight room or the gym I swim for all 3 categories of breaststroke (50,100,200) mainly the 100s and 200s because i seem to be better at those. My question is, which is more beneficial? to carry more weights or use more of my body weight? I was told that carrying more weights will just help you gain bulk strength but not swimming(breaststroke) strength. If so, please share some workout program that i can follow that will help me in my breaststroke
Parents
  • Lifting weights is going to be better building strength, which is very important as long as that strength carries over to swimming. You want to do exercises that mimic the swimming motions( pulldowns, squats, leg extensions,leg adductors, etc) and exercises that strengthen the opposing muscles(rowing,rotator cuff exercises, leg flexors) to help prevent injury and core exercises ( just about anything with a stability ball,also planks of course,especially with feet on the ball.) As long as you are doing swimming and stretching the weight work should help.
  • Lifting weights is going to be better building strength, which is very important as long as that strength carries over to swimming. You want to do exercises that mimic the swimming motions( pulldowns, squats, leg extensions,leg adductors, etc) and exercises that strengthen the opposing muscles(rowing,rotator cuff exercises, leg flexors) to help prevent injury and core exercises ( just about anything with a stability ball,also planks of course,especially with feet on the ball.) As long as you are doing swimming and stretching the weight work should help.
Children
No Data