Survey for Swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, my name is Armaan Sood-Mankar. I am a senior at Eagle Rock High School in Los Angeles, California. I have swam competitively for the YMCA of the Foothills for over 9 years. Participating in an Engineering program at my school, my team and I have chosen to investigate and create a solution to an issue that swimmers face. We created a survey that will help us justify our problem. The survey takes less than 5 minutes to complete. Please help us obtain information regarding your experiences with swimming in order for us to complete the project successfully. Thank you! www.surveymonkey.com/.../57JP5ST
Parents
  • I agree with the comments from PWB. You should also be aware that there are already watches that do everything listed except for count kicks and breathes (due to being wrist mounted) and heart rate (due to wet environment). The key issue is "affordable" since the basic ones are nearly $100 and the good ones are several hundred. The watches are very popular with triathletes but not with people who train for swim meets due to a different style of workout. You might want to post your survey on a triathlon forum also. I suspect that many of the "problems" listed are more common in that population since they are often less experienced swimmers. I do not mean that as insult to them - it's just a different sport focus
  • I agree with the comments from PWB. You should also be aware that there are already watches that do everything listed except for count kicks and breathes (due to being wrist mounted) and heart rate (due to wet environment). The key issue is "affordable" since the basic ones are nearly $100 and the good ones are several hundred. The watches are very popular with triathletes but not with people who train for swim meets due to a different style of workout. You might want to post your survey on a triathlon forum also. I suspect that many of the "problems" listed are more common in that population since they are often less experienced swimmers. I do not mean that as insult to them - it's just a different sport focus
Children
No Data