How should i start swimming ? Tips, suggestions?

Former Member
Former Member
So i'm at home for a year now without any kind of sport or exercise. How should i start? Any plan for swimming? I mean like the ones for bodybuilders? Any tips,suggestions? Thank you.
Parents
  • Swimming is a highly technical and individualized sport. Each swimmer will have different ways in which their body moves through the water, and thus each individual will need different drills and workouts to learn and/or correct their stroke technique and make it as efficient as possible. The water is 800 times denser than air - so the goal is not to power through the water with brute force, but rather to learn how to move through the water efficiently and simultaneously to take advantage of the water's resistance to move forward at a faster rate. I highly recommend that you start out by getting your technique analyzed. Develop your swimming "foundation" and go from there. Workouts should not be generic, but rather they should be geared towards your level and individual needs. Here are some misconceptions about swimming that will hopefully help you get on the right track with your new sport! www.swimspire.com/.../ Thank you for a great article link. I read and bookmarked that one. As a brand new student of swimming, a lot of that resonated for me. I find kicking to be hard, so reading that it's worth working on helps motivate me!
  • Swimming is a highly technical and individualized sport. Each swimmer will have different ways in which their body moves through the water, and thus each individual will need different drills and workouts to learn and/or correct their stroke technique and make it as efficient as possible. The water is 800 times denser than air - so the goal is not to power through the water with brute force, but rather to learn how to move through the water efficiently and simultaneously to take advantage of the water's resistance to move forward at a faster rate. I highly recommend that you start out by getting your technique analyzed. Develop your swimming "foundation" and go from there. Workouts should not be generic, but rather they should be geared towards your level and individual needs. Here are some misconceptions about swimming that will hopefully help you get on the right track with your new sport! www.swimspire.com/.../ Thank you for a great article link. I read and bookmarked that one. As a brand new student of swimming, a lot of that resonated for me. I find kicking to be hard, so reading that it's worth working on helps motivate me!
Children
No Data