Suit style trends

Ok everyone, another quick observation/question. In my long and distinguished career in the pool (big time sarcasm for Elaine), I have noticed trends on the suits of choice. Females tend to be pretty consistent with their choices, either the traditional one piece, an occasional workout bikini, or even the performance full body length. Males on the other hand seem to be jammers, and then there's me still wearing the old school briefs style. I am almost always the only one at any pool I go to. Now it doesn't make me feel awkward or anything, but it's just something I have noticed, both in my solo time and my time with the team. Thoughts?
Parents
  • I switched from briefs to jammers a long time ago in my 50s when I felt I was too conspicuous on the pool deck at our summer club. For whatever reason, lately, I feel like the jammers are somewhat restrictive and I'm going to try out a square cut for practice. Males at our masters practices wear jammers, briefs, and square cut suits, pretty much in equal numbers, and females are in one piece suits. The AGer guys also seem to wear both jammers and briefs and girls are in one piece suits; work out bikinis are rare, but appear sometimes in the summer.
  • I switched from briefs to jammers a long time ago in my 50s when I felt I was too conspicuous on the pool deck at our summer club. For whatever reason, lately, I feel like the jammers are somewhat restrictive and I'm going to try out a square cut for practice. Males at our masters practices wear jammers, briefs, and square cut suits, pretty much in equal numbers, and females are in one piece suits. The AGer guys also seem to wear both jammers and briefs and girls are in one piece suits; work out bikinis are rare, but appear sometimes in the summer.
Children
No Data