Suit style trends

Ok everyone, another quick observation/question. In my long and distinguished career in the pool (big time sarcasm for Elaine), I have noticed trends on the suits of choice. Females tend to be pretty consistent with their choices, either the traditional one piece, an occasional workout bikini, or even the performance full body length. Males on the other hand seem to be jammers, and then there's me still wearing the old school briefs style. I am almost always the only one at any pool I go to. Now it doesn't make me feel awkward or anything, but it's just something I have noticed, both in my solo time and my time with the team. Thoughts?
Parents
  • Men's briefs are so presently so rare at my YMCA that if one wears them he should expect to be noticed. There is one extremely fit guy who spends so much time on the pool deck choosing the perfect kickboard and pull buoy that I sometimes wonder if he is trying to be noticed. (I did - lol) None of the the age groupers nor high school boys wear them. A guy would have to buy them online - they aren't even sold locally. My husband wears jammers to fit in but he likes briefs better. So guys is this the swimming version of the trend with men's basketball shorts getting longer and longer or is there some actual advantage? As a female I like my swimsuits better than my tri-suit which is sort of the female version of jammers
  • Men's briefs are so presently so rare at my YMCA that if one wears them he should expect to be noticed. There is one extremely fit guy who spends so much time on the pool deck choosing the perfect kickboard and pull buoy that I sometimes wonder if he is trying to be noticed. (I did - lol) None of the the age groupers nor high school boys wear them. A guy would have to buy them online - they aren't even sold locally. My husband wears jammers to fit in but he likes briefs better. So guys is this the swimming version of the trend with men's basketball shorts getting longer and longer or is there some actual advantage? As a female I like my swimsuits better than my tri-suit which is sort of the female version of jammers
Children
No Data