Suggestions for Pace Clock?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello! I graduated from College in May and I'm just now getting back into swimming. Almost have all my gear but I'm missing one thing, a Pace clock! Anyone have recommendations for a small pace clock? I can't seem to find any small ones, only the big expensive ones.
  • Hello! I graduated from College in May and I'm just now getting back into swimming. Almost have all my gear but I'm missing one thing, a Pace clock! Anyone have recommendations for a small pace clock? I can't seem to find any small ones, only the big expensive ones.I wrote about my new favorite clock from Swimnerds (http://swimpractice.com/) here - www.1001pools.com/.../Beyond-the-Goggles-Swimnerds - but that might be a bit pricey and too large. Click on the links in there for both the PacePal (smallest, most portable) and the Accusplit.
  • Another option is a pace clock app for your phone. I found a good free app years ago. Only downside is keeping your phone at the side of the pool without getting wet (and you can't see from the other end if doing 25's). Better than no clock, though.
  • Anyone have recommendations for a small pace clock? I can't seem to find any small ones, only the big expensive ones. I have a few PaceWatch swim watches left. Watch eBay.
  • Another option is a pace clock app for your phone. I found a good free app years ago. Only downside is keeping your phone at the side of the pool without getting wet (and you can't see from the other end if doing 25's). Better than no clock, though. I also use an app. I found one called "pace clock" for my iPhone. I put my phone in a zip lock bag and prop it up at the end of my lane.
  • I'm missing one thing, a Pace clock! Pace Pal I've had one -- two actually --- for years. They are small enough to fit in a gym bag & go everywhere. After some teething pains early on, they are now robust, reliable, and durable. The guy who makes them, Larry Day, has been swimming since water was invented, is a Masters World Record holder in 200 fly and 400 IM, and totally knows his stuff. Service and support are quick, fast, and easy.
  • I'm pretty sure I saw a pace clock watch advertised on Amazon, but you could really just use the second hand on a waterproof analog watch or the stopwatch feature of a digital one. Over the summer I swim a lot in an outdoor pool that has a pace clock that is often not working. I use an interval timer feature of my Garmin watch.
  • That's good to know. Does anyone else own a Pace Pal that can comment? It's a very intriguing product, but I've always wondered about the durability. To be sure, durability has improved considerably over the years. Also, Service and support are quick, fast, and easy. I suspect the folks who fuss about it don't know how to write an email. "Hey, Larry, I'm having trouble with my clock" has always -- let me emphasize, always -- gotten an immediate, positive, and satisfying answer.
  • Pace Pal I've had one -- two actually --- for years. They are small enough to fit in a gym bag & go everywhere. After some teething pains early on, they are now robust, reliable, and durable. That's good to know. Does anyone else own a Pace Pal that can comment? It's a very intriguing product, but I've always wondered about the durability.
  • I bought a cheapie timex ironman watch. It has a stopwatch setting that works well for intervals, and you don't have to worry about what end of the pool you are on since it's right there on your wrist.