New member swim for general fitness question.

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, This is my first post here and I have a few questions. I was a medium distance runner for the past 20 years or so but now my knees have betrayed me so I am looking for an alternative to stay in shape and lose a little weight along the way. I have lifted weights for about as long as I ran and continue to do so so general strength is not a problem. I'm looking to primarily focus on leg work/kicking as I have somewhat neglected working out my lower body since I quit running. Any suggestions as far as workouts and frequency?
Parents
  • Your question is a bit unclear (to me anyway). Do you want to begin swimming for general fitness? Or do you specifically want to just kick, in the pool, to develope you legs? If you want to be a swimmer...you can do that numerous times per week. Type of workout depends on if you want to train to swim short, fast distances, with the various strokes...or if you want to swim longer distances. Or do you just want to get in the pool and do some kicking to supplement you weight workouts? Dan
  • Your question is a bit unclear (to me anyway). Do you want to begin swimming for general fitness? Or do you specifically want to just kick, in the pool, to develope you legs? If you want to be a swimmer...you can do that numerous times per week. Type of workout depends on if you want to train to swim short, fast distances, with the various strokes...or if you want to swim longer distances. Or do you just want to get in the pool and do some kicking to supplement you weight workouts? Dan
Children
No Data