New member with an observation

So I have decided to join USMS at the ripe age of 35, after spending the past 12 years teaching myself to swim. I've never been able to be a part of an organized USMS team due to work schedule or being in the middle of po-dunk America with no teams nearby. So with my recent move back from Korea, I now have a good opportunity to train with a team, a real coach, and get good at this. My first observation is this: I suck. I mean I REALLY suck. Everything I thought I had been doing right for the last decade, the coach quickly pointed out everything I was doing wrong. Which is good of course, because I want to learn and do it right and get better. But this is going to be tough, I can tell. My question to everyone is this: Am I unique in the age I join and try to be on an organized team? Is it worth my time and effort to do this?
Parents
  • Thanks, Elaine. Hope to see you again at a Nationals ... Indy?? No, I won't be at Indy, but thanks, Patrick! We'll catch up with each other one of these days. Don't I still owe you a :chug: (or a smoothie) for guessing the attendance at one of those past Nationals? :D
  • Thanks, Elaine. Hope to see you again at a Nationals ... Indy?? No, I won't be at Indy, but thanks, Patrick! We'll catch up with each other one of these days. Don't I still owe you a :chug: (or a smoothie) for guessing the attendance at one of those past Nationals? :D
Children
No Data