[OMG] Gassing at 50% 1 week later? (Beginner Bilateral Ques)

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All, I'm not new to swimming, but just got back into it for exercise/fitness purposes. My coach recommended bilateral laps, which I have never done before. I decided to give it a try. I found it very challenging, especially the lack of oxygen (and still do). Before the rec, I always breathed out my left side on every pull. As challenging as bilateral was, I stick with it, and found it to grow on me very quickly. He prescribed "25 25's", which is to say, 25 laps of the 25 meter pool. It was hard to do, but was able to do it on three separate occasions with my girlfriend. We are both over 350 lbs each. Well, those 3 days of nice process ended there, unfortunately. On the 4th day and today, which is the following week, I was unable to do more than 10 laps! I nearly blacked out towards the end. Now, granted, my form has dramatically improved. I can swim bilaterally without any break in form (the best way I know how anyway) and will go as fast as I can possibly go. I'm wondering (and hoping) this is what's the cause for the dramatic decrease in performance and not an infection or something weird. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Parents Reply Children
No Data