your average heart rate?

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone monitor their HR while swimming? I just started. I'm wondering if anyone else is also working out at 90% of their max HR during an 'easy' swim...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I used to breathe every two for freestyle, until a coach pointed out it was affecting the balance of my stroke. He was right, when I went back to breathing every three my stroke became a lot more symmetrical. I’ll alternate between breathing every 2 and 3 depending how I feel. Now that I think about it, I have a feeling the real culprit is ‘drag’ because realistically speaking I’m not the slimmest person for a sport like this and I swim like I’m trying to make the Olympic team haha...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I used to breathe every two for freestyle, until a coach pointed out it was affecting the balance of my stroke. He was right, when I went back to breathing every three my stroke became a lot more symmetrical. I’ll alternate between breathing every 2 and 3 depending how I feel. Now that I think about it, I have a feeling the real culprit is ‘drag’ because realistically speaking I’m not the slimmest person for a sport like this and I swim like I’m trying to make the Olympic team haha...
Children
No Data