Progressing my endurance fitness

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, im new to this page and fairy new to swimming. I'm just looking for advice on the best way to up my lengths in the pool, currently hitting 65 a session in a 25m pool. Any advice on how to progress on from this is much appreciated. Focused on my endurance swimming. Thanks guys Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Parents
  • P.S. I won't be seeing your mom much anymore. The choir director decided he no longer needed my volunteer services, so I will only see her at concerts. I am so sorry to read this. She really likes you, I hope that y'all find a way to stay in touch, socially. Granted, she acts a bit like a teenager with her new Beau, so that might be tough! But I really am sorry to read that. On the swimming thing, I don't look at teh clock too much. With the kids, my routine is more or less all over teh place. But I keep trying to follow Mark's routine, and adjust the intervals when necessary. As I said above, I still have some things to figure out. I watch a lot of Gary Hall's videos, and recently came to conclude that in my attempts to keep my stroke even, I wasn't breathing enough! That has drastically improved my ability to do flip turns regularly (the cost being reduced DPS). Anyway, point is, I try to focus on my technique, and continue to look for different things to try within the workout. Now granted, at this point in my life, I'm just trying to improve my level of fitness. No desire to compete at this point, so analogizing my perspective to yours is imperfect to say the least. But I generally find that focusing on basics and fundamentals helps the other stuff jsut come along.
  • P.S. I won't be seeing your mom much anymore. The choir director decided he no longer needed my volunteer services, so I will only see her at concerts. I am so sorry to read this. She really likes you, I hope that y'all find a way to stay in touch, socially. Granted, she acts a bit like a teenager with her new Beau, so that might be tough! But I really am sorry to read that. On the swimming thing, I don't look at teh clock too much. With the kids, my routine is more or less all over teh place. But I keep trying to follow Mark's routine, and adjust the intervals when necessary. As I said above, I still have some things to figure out. I watch a lot of Gary Hall's videos, and recently came to conclude that in my attempts to keep my stroke even, I wasn't breathing enough! That has drastically improved my ability to do flip turns regularly (the cost being reduced DPS). Anyway, point is, I try to focus on my technique, and continue to look for different things to try within the workout. Now granted, at this point in my life, I'm just trying to improve my level of fitness. No desire to compete at this point, so analogizing my perspective to yours is imperfect to say the least. But I generally find that focusing on basics and fundamentals helps the other stuff jsut come along.
Children
No Data