Progressing my endurance fitness

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, im new to this page and fairy new to swimming. I'm just looking for advice on the best way to up my lengths in the pool, currently hitting 65 a session in a 25m pool. Any advice on how to progress on from this is much appreciated. Focused on my endurance swimming. Thanks guys Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Parents
  • To the OP, I would recommend checking out Swimdogs' workouts in general. I started doing so late Spring after having done lap swimming for a few months. I had been going 3500-4000 yards 4-5 times per week. My resting heart rate had gone from about 75 to about 65, but had plateaued. Within a couple of months of his workouts, it was down to about 55. Now it is about 46. Now, I still have a whole lot of things to figure out, but I will absolutely tell you that his workouts have done wonders for me, and I'm doing probably 20% less yardage. My physique has changed for the better, as well, not merely weight, but definition. This is excellent, 67! Congratulations on your progress. I am going to take you up on your recommendation to the OP to try SwimDogs workouts. I'm basically starting over after traveling for five weeks without access to a pool for most of that time. After we returned home, I had a wicked case of bronchitis for two weeks. Between all that and my injuries last spring that carried into summer, it has been a rotten six months. Trying to do some of my old workouts only brings frustrations. I look at the clock on my intervals, and it practically brings me to tears. I try not to compare my current times to those from earlier in the year; however, I'm not too successful, to say the least. It's hard to keep those thoughts out. At this point, I'm liking the idea of a fresh start with "Basic Training." I looked at SwimDog's workouts, and they look good. Besides, being the AQUADOG (my husband's nickname for me, and my license plate), I like SwimDog's handle! :banana: P.S. I won't be seeing your mom much anymore. The choir director decided he no longer needed my volunteer services, so I will only see her at concerts.
  • To the OP, I would recommend checking out Swimdogs' workouts in general. I started doing so late Spring after having done lap swimming for a few months. I had been going 3500-4000 yards 4-5 times per week. My resting heart rate had gone from about 75 to about 65, but had plateaued. Within a couple of months of his workouts, it was down to about 55. Now it is about 46. Now, I still have a whole lot of things to figure out, but I will absolutely tell you that his workouts have done wonders for me, and I'm doing probably 20% less yardage. My physique has changed for the better, as well, not merely weight, but definition. This is excellent, 67! Congratulations on your progress. I am going to take you up on your recommendation to the OP to try SwimDogs workouts. I'm basically starting over after traveling for five weeks without access to a pool for most of that time. After we returned home, I had a wicked case of bronchitis for two weeks. Between all that and my injuries last spring that carried into summer, it has been a rotten six months. Trying to do some of my old workouts only brings frustrations. I look at the clock on my intervals, and it practically brings me to tears. I try not to compare my current times to those from earlier in the year; however, I'm not too successful, to say the least. It's hard to keep those thoughts out. At this point, I'm liking the idea of a fresh start with "Basic Training." I looked at SwimDog's workouts, and they look good. Besides, being the AQUADOG (my husband's nickname for me, and my license plate), I like SwimDog's handle! :banana: P.S. I won't be seeing your mom much anymore. The choir director decided he no longer needed my volunteer services, so I will only see her at concerts.
Children
No Data