Progressing my endurance fitness

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, im new to this page and fairy new to swimming. I'm just looking for advice on the best way to up my lengths in the pool, currently hitting 65 a session in a 25m pool. Any advice on how to progress on from this is much appreciated. Focused on my endurance swimming. Thanks guys Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Parents
  • I'll be interested to see what others say, but I recommend a set I call LUNG BUSTERS: 16 x 25s on a 40-second interval with the first 10 strokes AS FAST AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT BREATHING!!! After the initial 10 strokes, you continue easy to the wall with as much breathing as you'd like. AS FAST AS POSSIBLE means just that...OVER SWIM this. This will give you approximately 8 seconds of high intensity and 32 seconds of rest (1-to-4) ratio which has been scientifically shown to increase the bloods ability to carry oxygen and translate to improved endurance; even for distance swimming. To the OP, I would recommend checking out Swimdogs' workouts in general. I started doing so late Spring after having done lap swimming for a few months. I had been going 3500-4000 yards 4-5 times per week. My resting heart rate had gone from about 75 to about 65, but had plateaued. Within a couple of months of his workouts, it was down to about 55. Now it is about 46. Now, I still have a whole lot of things to figure out, but I will absolutely tell you that his workouts have done wonders for me, and I'm doing probably 20% less yardage. My physique has changed for the better, as well, not merely weight, but definition.
  • I'll be interested to see what others say, but I recommend a set I call LUNG BUSTERS: 16 x 25s on a 40-second interval with the first 10 strokes AS FAST AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT BREATHING!!! After the initial 10 strokes, you continue easy to the wall with as much breathing as you'd like. AS FAST AS POSSIBLE means just that...OVER SWIM this. This will give you approximately 8 seconds of high intensity and 32 seconds of rest (1-to-4) ratio which has been scientifically shown to increase the bloods ability to carry oxygen and translate to improved endurance; even for distance swimming. To the OP, I would recommend checking out Swimdogs' workouts in general. I started doing so late Spring after having done lap swimming for a few months. I had been going 3500-4000 yards 4-5 times per week. My resting heart rate had gone from about 75 to about 65, but had plateaued. Within a couple of months of his workouts, it was down to about 55. Now it is about 46. Now, I still have a whole lot of things to figure out, but I will absolutely tell you that his workouts have done wonders for me, and I'm doing probably 20% less yardage. My physique has changed for the better, as well, not merely weight, but definition.
Children
No Data