Progressing my endurance fitness

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, im new to this page and fairy new to swimming. I'm just looking for advice on the best way to up my lengths in the pool, currently hitting 65 a session in a 25m pool. Any advice on how to progress on from this is much appreciated. Focused on my endurance swimming. Thanks guys Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Parents
  • As you said...your focus is on increasing your endurance, and not your speed. The simple fact of the matter is that your endurance has to be increased gradually. As you indicated, you're swimming (65x25m=) 1625m per session (that's just over a mile), but you didn't say how often you're doing that. Obviously you're not going to double that distance (per session) in a week. But if you're only swimming that distance once per week, try adding a second pool session per week. Or, if you're already swimming that distance 2, 3, or more times per week, try adding one or two hundered meters per session. Do that for a couple weeks, and then add a couple hundred more. As I said...you just have to keep gradually increasing your distance in small amounts. Dan
  • As you said...your focus is on increasing your endurance, and not your speed. The simple fact of the matter is that your endurance has to be increased gradually. As you indicated, you're swimming (65x25m=) 1625m per session (that's just over a mile), but you didn't say how often you're doing that. Obviously you're not going to double that distance (per session) in a week. But if you're only swimming that distance once per week, try adding a second pool session per week. Or, if you're already swimming that distance 2, 3, or more times per week, try adding one or two hundered meters per session. Do that for a couple weeks, and then add a couple hundred more. As I said...you just have to keep gradually increasing your distance in small amounts. Dan
Children
No Data