Slow stroke rate

So, I did a 100 IM for time today and had one of the other guys video it. www.instagram.com/.../ Big thing I noticed is that my stroke rate is... glacial. Most likely this is due to having 20 more pounds of bodyweight than when I was swimming in college. Has anybody noticed something similar, and have any advice on how to rev it up a bit that might be more insightful than the obvious "just move your arms faster?" :banana:
Parents
  • How much AFAP sprinting do you do in workout( when fresh, not at the end of workout.) If you are not sprinting in workout it is hard to sprint in a meet. If you are sprinting in workout, I'm stumped. Good stroke mechanics by the way, however in BR you are shooting your hands a little down and then feathering them back up before starting your pull.
  • How much AFAP sprinting do you do in workout( when fresh, not at the end of workout.) If you are not sprinting in workout it is hard to sprint in a meet. If you are sprinting in workout, I'm stumped. Good stroke mechanics by the way, however in BR you are shooting your hands a little down and then feathering them back up before starting your pull.
Children
No Data